This is a summary of my experiences so far, both for my personal and professional brands. I guess we all have brands . My professional brand is global-health inclined, and my personal brand is feminist in nature.
Research Student: Conducted primary research on ‘Estimation of the Economic Impact of Livestock Schistosomiasis in Senegal’, a subsidiary project of the £270,188 UKRI-funded Zoonotic and Emerging Livestock System (ZELS) programme, using economic models to evaluate the impact of the disease. Research findings showed that the disease came at a high economic cost to people whose average monthly income could not cover the costs. This will facilitate policy to invest in the treatment of the disease.
Young Women Research Team member: Conducted global research on a £39,000 project called Motion 32 to find out reasons young women do not take up policy-making roles. Upon written and verbal presentation of findings to the global executives, research has led to major policy changes in how decision-making opportunities are made available and accessed by young women in the 150 member countries of the association.
Communications Intern: Conducted secondary research using critical thinking skills to summarize fragmented information from multiple publication materials, for both the London International Development Centre (LIDC) and its £18.27 million UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)-funded ‘Action against Stunting’ Hub.
Health Systems Strengthening: Strengthened the health system of an institution by facilitating an epidemic preparedness and response training on infection prevention control (IPC) for 60 healthcare workers at the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State during a ravaging Lassa fever outbreak. Training led to a 50% reduction in healthcare-associated Lassa fever cases and deaths.
Infection Prevention and Control: Conducted secondary research to assess and compare trends in infectious disease technology to adapt to a national context at Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh (DRASA) Health Trust. The public health NGO is establishing Nigeria’s first-ever infection prevention and control simulation training centre.
Antimicrobial Resistance: Co-trained 320 secondary school students on antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in selected secondary schools in Lagos, Nigeria under the DRASA/WHO Youth Ambassadors Program.
- Nigerian Girl Guides Association
- WAGGGS/UPS Diversity and Inclusion Project – Phase 3 (2020-2023)
- UK-Nigeria Guiding Overseas Linked with Development (2020-2021)
- Red Pride Campaign Project (2020)
- Voices against Violence (2017-2019)
- 2017 International Day of the Girl Child
- Free Being Me (2014)
- Dr Ameyo Stella Adadevoh (DRASA) Health Trust
- DRASA/WHO Youth Ambassadors Program
- Young Women Research Team member, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) (2019 till present)
- Member, Nigerian Girl Guides Association (NGGGA) (2002 till present)
- Student Ambassador, Royal Veterinary College (2019)
- Youth Leader, Nigerian Girl Guides Association, Ogun State chapter (2014-2017)
- University Hall Chairperson, Iyalode Tinubu Hall of Residence (IYAT), Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) (2015-2016)
- Team Lead, UTIVA, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) (2014-2015)
- General Secretary, Association of Veterinary Medical Students (AVMS), Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) (2014)
- Member of Legislative Council, National Association of Veterinary Medical Students, Nigeria (NAVMS) (2014)
- Member Disciplinary Committee, Association des Internationale Etudiante Science, Economique et Commerciale (AIESEC) (2013)
Student Intern, Pet Care Veterinary Hospital: Holistic management approach for small and companion animal patients. Learnt the ropes of clinical practice including diagnostics, ultrasonography, radiology, major and minor surgical procedures. Exposure to post-mortem procedures
Student Intern, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, FUNAAB: Clinical practice including diagnosis and management of diseases of companion animals, small and large ruminants
Student Intern, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, University of Ibadan: Field Study in diagnostic laboratory procedures in Parasitology, Microbiology, Histochemistry and Pathology